Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Frankas, the first time

I was only in Frankfurt for two days, it was probably long enough.

On my flight from singapore to frankfurt I was made to wait in the pre check in area by the singapore airport staff who were checking people in for QANTAS. It was pretty boring, as I could not get the free interwebs or use any of the rad free stuff inside the airport.

I had to wait until about an hour before take off to get my boarding pass from check in. Thankfully though I was able to get into business class, which made for a rad flight. I was seated next to a german girl, Sandra.

She was in the final year of her studies to become a vet, and had done here two month practical placement in Queensland. We both managed to get a decent sleep and also had an awesome chat.

She was originally from frankfurt, and told me the two days was long enough, as there was little else there then banks and the red light district.

I got into franks at about half six in the morning, and then had an adventure on the S-bahn and U-bahn then just walking to find my hostel, which was fine as I had a heap of time any way.

I got in and then spent most of the morning doing my laundry before heading off for an adventure. True to form I was only walking round frankas for about an hour before I had a tout and two rather dodgy looking strippers chase me down the road trying to get my to go into a titty bar, at 2pm, on a wednesday. "Free entry and only EU$5 for a table dance". I would then probably then get a bill for EU$100 for two beers. That and I only do titty bars on bucks nights.

The next day I also went out walking round the town, looking at old buildings and I found a few old record stores to have a look at and I found a few street presses to have a read of.

And after that I had another half day to spend. I mostly spent it looking through the street markets around the river main, before chilling on the banks for a while, before heading up to the haupbahnhoff to get a train into the airport, where there was an epic line up at check in.

I was flying agean to heraklion, via thesaloniki. Everything went smoothly and I had about an hour to kill. I wanted to use the interwebs but they asked EU$8 an hour for wireless, so I just watched a show on my lappy.

No comments:

Post a Comment