Thursday, February 19, 2009

Epicness

I have had a few awesome days, followed by a day where nothing went right.

On Friday last week I went back down to Stanly park with a few of the people I have picked up along the way. Most of us hired bikes and some of us went to play pitch and putt golf in the park there.

As expected we all sucked at golf, but we were only mucking round any way so it didn't really matter that much. I think I ended up something like 34 over par after 18 holes that were 100m at the most.

Myself golfing in my trackie daks, note the ball in the air.


There was also a raccoon hanging round on the golf course, they are kinda like possums.


After that I jumped on my dodgy $12 a day road pushbike and went for an epic ride with Mark. I was happy enough explore the trails but Mark had other ideas. We ended up riding from Stanly Park, through Gastown and East Hastings (the ghetto, junkies everywhere) over to the Pacific Coliseum that I saw the Giants at the other day and over the Iron Workers bridge.

This is the view from the Iron Workers bridge over to down town Vancouver, that big green thing on the right is Stanley Park and you might be able to make out the Lions Gate bridge that runs into Stanley Park.


Marks back



From there we rode all through North Vancouver and back over the Lions Gate bridge and into Stanly Park again to hit some trails up on my dodgy bike. It took us about four hours and I think we covered something like 15 or so kilometers, possibly more.

The next morning was Saturday, which was of course Rugby morning, where a crew of us would pack into a nearby pub that was showing the 6 nations at 8 in the morning and serving beer. We had even picked up some new members of our rugby crew in the past week as well.

After a big day watching rugby I wanted to have an early night as I had to be up early to catch a flight to Toronto then a train to Montreal.

I was ironing my pants and shirt in the laundry when I met some top girls from Vancouver Island who were over for a trashy weekend. I had my walkman phone on and I was singing and dancing to Sarah Blasko while kinda ironing in the laundry, which was near their rooms.

They ended up dragging me kicking and screaming out on the town (ok maybe not kicking and screaming). Canadian girls are awesome, I just met them and they were buying me drinks and doing my ironing for me.

After a top night out though the wheels fell off....

Stay tuned for my Montreal trip special.

No comments:

Post a Comment