Saturday, February 28, 2009

Poutine, and other rad food in Montreal

I have really embraced a bit of the local stuff when I have been here in Canada. The food over in Quebec was also better than what I found in other parts of Canada so far.

Poutine has been my favourite so far. Best half past three in the morning food ever.



It is a delightful mess of chips, covered in cheese curds and gravy. There are also some variations on the main recipe. The one I had the other Thursday at half past three in the morning had a creamy pepper gravy on it instead of your standard brown gravy.

I also found Chocky milk for sale as well in Montreal and I went crazy for it. I didn't really see any out west.



There were also markets with fantastic butchers in them. It was a pity that I only really found the awesome butchers until I was about to leave.



This cabinet had all kinds of weird and wonderful meats in it. Goose, duck, rabbit, hare, beef, chicken, lamb, moose and oma's favourite horse.

I got some very nice chicken there for cheap as well, and in the same market some brilliant Bananas, Apples and Oranges.

I was definitely feeling better when I left Montreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment